This article will show you how to approve, deny or adjust Pending Rentals that are a part of a recurrence, or multiple pending requests that were all a part of the same transaction. Learn more about pending rentals.
- Reservations on the same receipt and recurring reservations are associated with one transaction. Therefore, denying one rental on the receipt will deny all the reservations on the receipt.
- Rentals that were part of the same transaction will have the same Transaction ID number in your pending rentals screen.
Approve All Rentals on a Transaction
- Approve the reservation for each rental
- Note: When you approve one rental, the receipt to the customer will list all rentals related to the transaction. You may want to only send the customer receipt/permit for the first rental to reduce redundant emails.
- Repeat for each rental related to the transaction
When you decline one reservation from a recurrence, all rentals on the receipt will be voided. If you wish to decline or adjust part some of the reservations on receipt, we recommend one of the following two options.
Note: As part of your workflow, it is a good idea to give the customer a call or email to clarify any reservations that were not approved and reflect the total that they owe.
This option will result ensure you have one permit with all the correct dates/times that is easy for the user to understand.
- Select the Transaction ID number for one of the reservations
- Click Print Receipt
- Note: This will ensure that you have all the customer information, requested times and dates, and prompt answers are readily available as you to create a facility permit.
- Decline all reservations related to the transaction
- Rebuild as one permit in the Permit Editor
- Select Adjust Rental for the reservation you want to decline
- On Adjustment Notes type "DECLINED" and the reason for the denial
- Under New Times, adjust the rental to end 1 minute after the original reservation
- Select Fee Override and make sure the fee is $0
- If applicable, verify that all Addons are unchecked to ensure there is a $0 balance for the reservation
- Note: If you require payment of a deposit as a part of the reservation request, leave the deposit Add-On fee checked so you can return those funds to the customer.
- Click Perform Rental Adjustment
- Repeat steps 1-7 if you need to deny any other reservations on the receipt
- Go to the customer’s account and select Void Refunds & Transfers
- Navigate to the Reservations tab and select Refund next to the applicable reservation that was adjusted
- Ensure that Remove From Calendar is selected and write "Reservation DECLINED" as the Refund Reason/Note
- Note: If you are refunding a paid deposit, ensure that correct fees are being refunded. You may not have any fees associate with the reservation.
- Click Continue
- Select OK on the pop-up
- Confirm the refund/reservation information and click Submit
- Send the receipt to the customer
- Repeat the above steps as needed
- When you are done adjusting and refunding, approve the remaining reservations as usual
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.