This article walks through how to create a "Welcome" tab that users are directed to when they access your CivicRec Catalog. A Welcome tab is a great way to provide users with information about your organization such as upcoming events, registration policies, or tips for using the Catalog.
- If no items are assigned to a Catalog tab, the system will skip over it and take the user directly to the first catalog tab that has active items. If you would like users to be directed to the Welcome tab first, you will need to make sure items are added to that tab.
- Navigate to Configuration > Public View > Catalog Tabs
- Click Create Catalog Tab
- Fill out Appearance fields
- Tab Label: Create the tab name
- Tab Color: Use the color palette or insert an HTML code to select a color
- Show Internal: Check to show the tab on the internal catalog
- Restrict to Locations: Choose none or use the drop-down to only show at the selected locations
- Show Public: Check to display the tab on the public catalog
- Public Page Layouts: Select the desired layouts
- Select a Tab Type from the drop-down
- Click Add Item
- Configure the activities to display on the tab
- Note: If no items are assigned to the Welcome tab, the system will skip over it and take the user directly to the first catalog tab that has active items.
- Category: Select the categories to add to the tab
- Location: If needed, select specific locations
- Note: If specific locations are selected, sessions without schedules will not display on the tab.
- Do not select an Access Group if you wish for the Welcome tab to display on the public catalog
- Add Tab Content, this is where you can add the welcome message for the tab
- Note: Information added to this field will not display on the mobile view of CivicRec. If you wish to display the content on a mobile device, you can add it to the Description field of the Activity.
- Click Save New Catalog Tab
- Catalog tabs will display in the order they are created, use the arrow tool to drag and drop your Welcome tab to the top of the list
- Your Welcome tab will now display on your Catalog