Customers using CivicPlus Pay can now manually input credit card information with the Use Hand Key checkbox on the checkout screen. Customers that previously had two locations set up, one for EMV and one for hand key options, are able to use this option instead for a more efficient workflow. It also streamlines the close-out process and removes the need to change locations.
- This is not needed for Forte users as Forte already has a built-in hand key option when there is no hardware present.
- Contact CivicRec Support and let them know you would like the Hand Key Card Option enabled and which E-commerce or MOTO gateway it should use. Typically, this is your public page gateway.
- Note: Only one E-commerce or MOTO gateway can be used for the Hand Key Card Option, regardless of staff location.
- Designate which staff levels need access to be able to hand key cards without a device present.
- You will now see the Use Hand Key checkbox on the credit/debit payment method of the checkout screen which will launch the E-commerce hosted form.