This article will walk through how to create and manage memberships in CivicRec.
- Create a Membership activity
- Create membership session(s)
- Note: We recommend using a unique name for the session such as "Youth Aquatics Membership" instead of just "Youth" so that it's easier to distinguish between sessions in reporting.
- Configure Membership Settings
- Note: A Membership Term must be selected to avoid issues with prerequisites.
- Create a Membership/Pass Card Template, even if you will not be printing a physical card
- Note: Make sure to assign the card template to the Card Style section of the Membership Settings.
- If desired, Print Membership Cards
- Note: If this is a Family Membership, make sure to create a card for each family member.
- You can also Associate a Preprinted Card with a Membership
Family & Individual Memberships
The Family Membership type allows you to determine how many individuals within a single account the membership can be associated with. Family memberships are sold to the primary account holder only. Each additional member on the family membership must have a card created.
Individual Memberships are best for users in which a membership card/number can only be associated with one individual on their account.
Learn more about Individual and Family Memberships.
Seasonal Memberships have a fixed start and end date (i.e. Outdoor Pool Membership). It is best practice to create a new session for each seasonal pool membership. This can be easily accomplished via Program Rollover.
CivicRec allows for a set number of Max Facility Scans that operate like a punch card/pass. Every time a user checks/scans into an eligible facility, CivicRec reduces the number of punches remaining on their account.
Continuous Billing is similar to a utility bill every month. These memberships are technically one month long and are set to auto-renew at the end of the month.
Structured Billing is similar to a mortgage or car loan, where you have X number of months to pay off the balance. Monthly installments will be created over the term of the membership (Example: Annual membership will have 12 installments, 2-year membership would have 24 installments).