Block Fee units can be used when you wish to rent a facility for a block of time (instead of by minute or hour increments) but don't want the reservation to go overnight (such as a daily fee). Example uses may include renting a pavilion for a wedding or a sports field for games.
- Navigate to Facilities > Facility List
- Expand a Location
- Edit a Facility
- Navigate to the Rate Types tab and click Add Rate
- Fill out the following fields, making sure to select Block as the Base Unit
- Label (required): Create a name for your rate that will appear on the catalog
- Base Fee (required): Add a base fee and unit size
- Fee: Enter the dollar amount you wish to charge for the rate
- Base Unit: Choose Block Fee as the unit
- Unit Size: Specify the size of the unit
- Grid Pricing Enabled: You cannot use grid pricing with block fees
- Fee Limits: Enter a minimum and maximum fee limit that matches the base fee you entered above
- Min/Max Units: Specify the minimum or maximum units for the reservation
- Dates (required): Select a date range for when this rate is available
- Repeat Annually: Check to have the rate automatically renew every year.
- Open Hours (required): Create a From and To hour range for the rental time of the reservation
- Do Not Print: Select to not allow Open Hours to print on the receipt.
- Schedule Type (required): Use the drop-down menu to select a schedule type (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly)
- Taxes: Select tax type(s)
- Price Includes Tax: Check to include the tax amount on the promoted price.
- Account Flag: Select an Account Flag from the list
- Residency: Select residency requirements (Available to All, Residents Only, Non-Residents Only)
- Online Availability: Choose availability features (Available Online and In-House, Available Online Only, Available In-House Only)
- Fee Varied: Click to select varying fee options
- Max Daily Bookings: If specified, the facility will be completely unavailable on any date with this number of bookings using this rate type
- GL Code: Select a GL Code for rentals using this rate type, N/A will use the facility's GL configuration
- Click Save New Rate
- Click Save Facility
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.