Limited Public User is an account type that allows users to be set up in CivicRec but not have login access from the public page or the ability to manage their own account. This type of account is typically used for walk-up users or users that do not have an email address.
You will see a checkbox on the user account creation screen. By checking the Limited Public User box, the email address will no longer be a required field on the account.
There is an organization option in CivicRec to turn off the Limited Public User type if you would like to require all users to have an email address. By default, this functionality is enabled.
- Navigate to Configuration > Organization > Organization Options
- Search for Limited Public User
- Select No from the Value drop-down
- Select Save Settings
- Follow the steps to Edit the User you wish to upgrade
- Uncheck the Limited Public User box
- Enter a Primary Email address for the user
- Select Save User
- Note: The user will receive an email to verify their account and set a password. This will give them access to their online account and transaction history.
- Once a limited public user has been upgraded to a full account their access cannot be removed. If they should no longer be able to access their account, mark their account as a deactivated user or add a prevent access flag.