Failed Transactions will occur from time to time in your CivicRec system. This is often due to the high number of transactions that are being processed. The industry average for (single) online payment failure/decline is anywhere from 5% to 8% of all transactions.
Common reasons for an online payment to fail:
- User Authentication Error: Card number gets keyed incorrectly or address does not match
- Card Limit: Card max transaction/daily spending limit has been reached
- Invalid Card: Card has expired
- Insufficient Balance: Not enough money in the account
- User Dropped: Clicked a button too many times, refreshed the page, or lost internet connection
Please ensure you address the following issues before you contact Support:
- Validate Card Information: Confirm that the card number, name, and address are all correct and up-to-date
- Internet Connection: Make sure there are no internet connection issues
- Transaction History: Check if other transactions have been successful since the declined transaction
- Merchant Logs: Check the merchant logs to see why it was declined
- On CivicPlus Pay: Call your merchant to see why it was declined
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.