CivicRec includes features that allow you to directly contact users. In addition to sending emails to customers, you can also communicate via SMS Alerts/Text messaging. This article will show you how to send SMS alerts/texts to facility rental customers.
- Due to the system, the SMS Character Limit is 160.
- Recipients can reply to SMS messages, but they will receive no response.
- Ensure that you configure your user's phone information.
- To opt-in to text messaging services, you must navigate to Account Contact Preferences in your account profile and opt-in to Courtesy Notices, Critical Announcements, and/or Upcoming Events.
- Navigate to Communicate > SMS Alerts
- Select the Facility tab
- Fill in fields
- Selected Facilities: Choose Locations/Facilities
- Rental Date Range: Add the From Date and To Date
- Recipient Count: Will auto-populate with the number of customers you will send a message to
- Subject: Add a subject heading
- Text Message: Add message content (messages are limited to 160 characters)
- Click Send Message
- Recently sent SMS Alert messages will display under Recent Alerts on the right-hand side