This article will show you how to configure and associate POS Items with POS Screens and Catalog Tabs. All of these items help you display things on the Catalog, in order for users to easily navigate through the Catalog and process transactions.
A few brief definitions:
- POS Items: The individual item that you want to make available for purchase (eg: Gift Cards, User Credits, Concession items, etc)
- POS Screens: Organizes POS Items into back-end categories; POS Screens do not display on the Catalog
- Catalog Tabs: Tabs that display on the Catalog
POS screens are not public-facing. Rather, they are designed for internal use only. If you are not signed into a location as an internal user, you will not see the POS screen for that location.
- Create a POS Item
- Create the POS Screen
- Associate a POS Item with a POS Screen
- Associate appropriate Merchandise on Tabs ( a.k.a. POS Screens) with the Catalog Tab you want the POS Items to display on within the POS Screen
- Note: You must also configure the Catalog Tab to display POS Items.
- View the POS Items underneath the tab on the Catalog