Some merchants provide an external swipe machine that is not connected to CivicRec. In this case, registrations are processed through CivicRec, but the payment does not go through the gateway. This article will show you how to use and apply the Offline Credit/Debit Payment Type at checkout.
- If needed, create the Offline Credit/Debit Payment Type
- Process a transaction
- At checkout, select Offline Credit/Debit Card payment type under Add Payment
- Fill in the fields
- Note: These fields may differ depending on your Merchant Account settings.
- Amount: Enter the dollar amount of the payment
- Saved Card: Select a saved card or choose to enter a new payment method
- Overpayment: Select if the payment is an overpayment
- Select Add Offline Credit/Debit Card Payment
- Select Complete Transaction
- Offline Credit/Debit Card payment will display on the receipt