This article will show you how to use the Refund tool in the Transaction Browser.
- Navigate to Financial > Transaction Browser
- Apply filters
- Locations: Select locations
- Payment Type: Select payment types
- Account: Select users
- Date: Select Transaction From and Transaction To dates
- Receipt Number: Enter a receipt number, if applicable
- Show Voids: Select to show void transactions in addition to valid transactions
- Click Refresh Results
- Next to the desired Transaction select Actions > Refund
- Review Refund information and click Continue
- Payment Type: Method you wish to issue the refund
- Balance Reduction: Indicate any amounts and adjustments
- Refund Amount: Indicate the refund payment type
- Admin Fee: Apply an administration or cancellation fee, if applicable
- Refund Reason/Note: Add a comment to indicate the reason for the Refund/Credit (optional)
- Note: As mentioned above, issuing a refund back to a credit card is not possible on the SAME day as the original transaction. Additionally, it is important to note that most merchants will only allow for credit card refunds prior to 120 days.
- Note: If you want to remove the person from the activity while issuing the credit, ensure that the check the box that says "Remove from Activity" is selected. If you leave that box unchecked, the refund/credit will be issued, but the person will be left on the roster. (Facility rentals can be left intact in this same way)
- Note: If refunding a Credit/Debit payment type, ensure that the Receipt #, Payment Type, and Receipt all match.
- Review the Refund Confirmation and click Submit
- View Refund Successful page with a Refund/Credit Receipt