This article will show you how to configure a Local Printer in CivicRec.
- Local Printers are for a physical printer connection, Global Printers are for a network printer.
- Only CivicRec staff can update your Global Printer Settings, please contact us to get this done.
- Navigate to Configuration > Peripherals > Receipt Printer Configuration
- Note: You will have to grant permission to the QZ Print Plugin. Use the Always Allow option so the plugin will not be blocked.
- Select the Local Settings tab
- Configure Local Settings
- Printer Connection: Select your printer
- Name: Enter the name or partial name of the printer as it appears in "Devices and Printers" in Windows
- Characters per Line: Match specifications for your model of receipt printer
- Cash Drawer: Connect to a cash drawer
- Drawer Pulse ON / OFF Time: Enter a time
- Select Test Printer Connection to print a test receipt
- Select Save Local Settings