This article will show you how to set your General Ledger (GL) Accounting Method.
There are two Accounting Methods
- Accrual: Recognizes revenue even if the balance is due
- Cash: Only recognizes revenue when payment is received
- Note: You must select Cash to be able to adjust Un-itemized Revenue Codes.
- Navigate to Configuration > Organization > Organization Options
- In the Search Settings box, search for General Ledger Accounting Method
- Note: Search results will populate automatically.
- Use the drop-down menu to select Cash or Accrual
- Click Save Settings