This article will show you how to add a Generic/Text Only printer named CivicRec for compatibility and/or serial printers.
- Navigate to Start > Control Panel in the left-hand corner of the screen
- Access Devices/Printers section
- Select Add a Printer
- Choose a Printer
- Click Next
- After the printer and its driver have been added to your computer, right-click on the printer and select Printer Properties
- Navigate to the Ports tab
- Set the Port to COM1 for a Serial Printer
- Leave it on Generic/Text Only and select Next when you get to the screen to select manufacturer/printer
- Make sure not to make it your default printer, it does not need to be shared, and you do not need a test page
- Follow the first set of steps and use the printer name CivicRec
Note: Global Settings are stored in the CivicRec database, so they will never be reset. Local Settings are stored as a "cookie" and can be reset if you clear your browser history/cookies. We advise that everyone configure their printers the same way on all machines so that Global settings are used and local are not.