This article will show you how to add a Generic/Text Only printer named CivicRec for compatibility and/or serial printers in Windows 10.
- Global Settings are stored in the CivicRec database, so they will never be reset. Local Settings are stored as a "cookie" and can be reset if you clear your browser history/cookies. We advise that everyone configure their printers the same way on all machines so that Global settings are used and local ones are not.
- Navigate to Start > Settings
- Click Devices
- Select Printers & scanners
- Click Add a printer or scanner
- Select your desired printer and click Add device
- Select the printer and click Manage
- Click Printer properties
- Click Ports
- Set the Port to COM1 for a Serial Printer
- Leave it on Generic/Text Only and select Next when you get to the screen to select manufacturer/printer
- Make sure not to make it your default printer, it does not need to be shared, and you do not need a test page
- Follow the first set of steps and use the printer name CivicRec
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.