This article will show you how to add a "generic / text only" printer named CivicRec for compatibility and/or serial printers.
- Access the Printers section in the computer's control panel
- Click "Add a Printer" and set the printer as a "local printer"
- You will then have a drop-down menu for what port the printer is on
- For serial: This should be set to COM1.
- When you get to the screen to select manufacturer/printer, leave it on "Generic / Text Only"
- Click Next
- Note: Make sure you do not make it your default printer. You will not need to share it and you do not need a test page.
The name of the printer should be CivicRec. You should now see a printer in your printer list called "CivicRec." Now, follow the first set of steps with the printer name CivicRec.