This article will show you how to record an Over/Short Transaction in the event that an amount of money turned in from a location differs from what CivicRec indicates.
This tool is used to indicate when a cash drawer does not match reporting. You can use it to report the payment type that is off, as well as any impacted GL code.
- Navigate to Financial > Over/Short Transaction
- Fill out the information
- Date: Choose the date for the transaction
- Credit (Revenue Increase): Allows you to credit the drawer
- Debit (Revenue Decrease): Allows you to debit the drawer
- GL Code: Select the appropriate GL code
- Payment Type: Choose the payment type
- Location: Select the location of the transaction
- Notes: Add a note describing the over/short transaction
- Click Submit
- A receipt will appear with the adjustment