Continuous Billing is similar to a utility bill every month. Continuously auto-billed memberships are technically one month long and then are set to auto-renew at the end of the month. A user's account will show an upcoming balance (“Due Soon”) for their renewal date. The system will auto-charge on that date, which results in a renewed membership and a new balance that corresponds to their next anniversary date.
Structured billing exists as an alternative. View our article on Structured Billing for more information.
- Auto billing is an opt-in feature. Once you configure your activity to allow for it, please contact Support to enable the feature for you on the back end.
- If a payment is declined or simply not made on the Due Date, the membership will not auto-renew (i.e. it expires) until the payment is made.
- If you terminate their membership, this will reverse a member's latest upcoming balance (“Due Soon”). This style of billing means membership will always be renewed month-to-month until termination.
- Navigate to Activities > Activity List
- Expand an activity
- Edit a session
- Navigate to the Advanced tab
- Under Membership Settings select the following
- Membership Term: Set to 1 Month and select Auto-Renew
- Recurring Fee: Select a recurring fee, if applicable, and select Auto-Bill
- Select Save Session