This article will show you how to assign GL Codes to POS Items.
- Navigate to POS Items
- Expand a category
- Click the Edit tool (pencil icon) next to the POS Item you want to edit
- Navigate to the GL Codes tab
- Select Assign GL Code
- Fill in fields
- GL Code: Select a GL Code from the drop-down menu
- $ / &: Input either a fixed dollar amount or a fixed percentage rate
- Note: It is most common to select one code and assign it a percentage of 100. This is what we highly recommend. However, we do support the ability to assign more than one code, and we also support the ability to assign codes by an exact dollar amount. We do not recommend this. Using percentages makes it easier for the system to properly account for money even if your staff has to alter fees at checkout for some reason.
- Select Save POS Item