This article will show you how to assign GL Codes to Facilities. Assigning a GL code will help avoid unitemized entries later. If your Organization settings are set to require a GL code for facilities, staff will have to add a GL code before saving the facility.
- Navigate to Facilities > Facility List
- Expand a Location
- Edit a Facility
- Navigate to the GL Codes tab
- If there are no present GL Codes, click Assign GL Code
- Fill in fields
- Cost Center: If available, select a Cost Center
- GL Code: Select a GL Code
- #: Input either a fixed dollar amount ($) or a fixed percentage rate (%)
- Note: GL codes must add up to 100%.
- Note: It is most common to select one code and assign it a percentage of 100%. This is what we highly recommend. However, we do support the ability to assign more than one code, and we also support the ability to assign codes by an exact dollar amount. We do not recommend this. Using percentages makes it easier for the system to properly account for money even if your staff has to alter fees at checkout for some reason.
- Select Save Facility