This article will show you how to create a donation activity, session, and prompt. A donation activity and session in CivicRec is an exciting opportunity for individuals and organizations to come together to make a positive impact in your community. It's a gathering where generosity and kindness take center stage!
During a donation activity and session, participants can donate monetary contributions. These donations can be used to support local charities, nonprofits, or other community initiatives.
Individuals and organizations can donate by directly registering for the session by entering the amount they’d like to contribute by answering a prompt question during the checkout process. The prompt can also be associated with other session types and facility rentals, so individuals and organizations can donate while registering and renting other items you offer.
By creating the session and then the prompt, you will be able to assign the donation session that the prompt directly relates to. The prompt will then take the donation amount entered by the individual or organization and credit the revenue code associated with the session it is tied to.
Create the Donation Activity & Session
Create an Activity with the Donation Activity Type and Category
- Default GL Code: Select the GL code that you want to donation funds to go into.
Create a new session for the donation and fill out information, as needed
- Name: Name the session something specific to the donation. For example, Youth Summer Camp Scholarship.
- Activity: Make sure to select the donation activity you just created
- Session Fee: If the donation needs to be a specific amount, enter the amount required as the session fee. If the donation amount is decided on by the person donating, leave the session fee as $0.
Create a Donation Prompt
Create a Prompt using the Donation Prompt Type
- Name: Add a title for the prompt. For example, Summer Camp Scholarship Donation Prompt.
- Donation Program: Search for the Donation Activity/Session that donations funds need to go to.
- Navigate to the Sessions tab to add Sessions/Activities to the prompt
Note: The donation prompt can be associated with as many activities or facilities as needed.
- Click Save New Prompt