Voiding a refund is typically not a best practice; however, mistakes may be made during the refund process where an action such as a void would be warranted. For example, if a customer was refunded a registration back to the original credit card by mistake, the department's refund policy requires all refunds to be issued via a check.
This article will go over the steps to void a refund if necessary.
- Voiding a refund in CivicPlus' Recreation Management Solution cannot occur without the following multi-step process and without the submission of a Support Ticket to execute Super Administrative tasks within your solution.
- Voiding a transaction within one's merchant services software will be required. Steps to perform the void will vary based on your payment gateway solution and may not be feasible in some. Please work with your payment gateway vendor directly to understand the steps to execute the refund void and/or to determine if it is possible.
- Performing the tasks below will break the connection between the Recreation Management solution and CivicPlus Pay for the original transaction. CivicPlus Pay will see the original transaction as refunded and will not allow a refund back to the card for that original transaction if a refund is attempted back to the card at a later date. Therefore, it is important to ensure that a refund check or user credit is the refund's final destination upon performing these steps.
- Login to your payment gateway provider's software, find the refund transaction in question, and void following the steps applicable to your payment gateway vendor.
Submit a Support Ticket requesting a SuperAdmin from CivicPlus to void the refund. Please provide the following in the ticket to expedite the process:
- Name of your department
- Name of the Customer requesting a Refund
- Transaction Number
- Action: Requesting to void a refund using the void/unvoid Super Admin action.
- Upon working with your payment Gateway Provider's Support Team and your CivicPlus Support Representative ensure your records are aligned and the customer received their refund based on your department's refund policy.