This article will show you options for Public User Password Reset options, Including bulk password resets. These options can be used in the following use cases:
- During implementation after a user or membership import.
- During implementation after manually migrating accounts and memberships.
- Transitioning from smaller/minimal operations where accounts or memberships were managed 100% in-house to handing over responsibility to public users online.
Option One Forgot Password Reset (Recommended)
- Using the People Finder Report and Filtering for the appropriate audiences, you may email your public users prompting them to reset their passwords. This is a more personal touch coming directly from you as opposed to utilizing Option Two.
- You may export this report and use your own emailing/marketing tools or utilize the mass emailing tools that exist within your recreation management software.
- Here is an example text to get you started:
On behalf of Insert name of parks and recreation department, we would like to invite you to update your account in our recreation management system. to review and update your account, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to our Online Catalog
- Click Login/Create Account in the upper left corner
- Click Forgot Password
- Type in your email address, in the pop-up window.
Note: The email address used to receive this message.
- Wait to receive a temporary password to log into your existing account.
- Once logged in, please review your Account Dashboard and information for accuracy and browse our online catalog.
If you have any trouble accessing your account or have any questions, please contact Insert email address or phone number.
- Alternatively, here is an example email created by a current CivicPlus customer using their 3rd party marketing software.
Option 2 Bulk Password Reset
This is a Super User action that must be performed by your Project Manager/ Implementation Consultant or in conjunction with our Technical Support Team. The Bulk Password Reset Tool can reset passwords for many and/or all users. By targeting when Accounts were created and knowing the accounts do not have an associated password, we can use this tool to notify customers to update their accounts. The message is minimally customizable, and text can be provided to your CivicPlus contact to input into the Bulk Password Reset Tool.