The campground features in CivicRec provide several options for reserving sites at facilities throughout the year. In this article we will discuss how to:
- Set up a campsite
- Create a facility map for the campground
- Register for a campsite on the Catalog
- Check-in/check-out a camper
- Report on campsite reservations
- Navigate to Facilities > Facility List
- Select Create Location
- Fill in the following fields:
- Name: Enter a name for your campground
- Default Color: If desired, select a color to represent the location on the Catalog
- Receipt Template: Choose to apply a template to receipts that come from this location
- Address: The address information allows your customers to know where the Campground is located and will appear on the Catalog
- Add a description of the Campground. This is also a great place to upload an image or a bird’s eye view of your facility.
- Note: If you have someone in your department that knows HTML, they can use the “<>” button in the formatting tools to enter source code.
- Operated By: Select who the location is operated by
- Parent Location: Choose if the location you are creating is a child of another location
- Revenue Reporting: Select if this location reports its own revenue or is part of another
- Cost Center: Set the default cost center to use for facilities at this location.
- Default GL Code: Auto-populates a General Ledger (GL) entry for new facilities, but will not impact existing facilities with no GL code
- Collects Revenue: Enable the location to be available for close-out
- Facility Display Mode: Choose between normal and grid view
Normal: Will present a list of facilities associated with this location, where the customer will click on each individual facility to display the availability
Grid: Will give a view that allows the customer to see availability within a date range (or hour range depending on the setup), which gives more visibility into when the campsite is available
- Click Save New Location
- Select Create Facility
- Fill out the following information on each tab:
Facility Name: Add a name for the campground, this will be the individual names of the sites such as Blue Lake Campsite A, Blue Lake Campsite B, etc.
Location: Select the name of the Campground created above
- Rental Options
Note: The options on this tab allow you to determine how this campsite can be rented on the Catalog. View the Create a Facility article for more information on all the options available.
Allow Public Cancellations: Check to allow customers to cancel their reservation as of a specific timeframe (# of days within the start date of a reservation)
Allow Public Rental Adjustments: Select to allow customers to change/adjust their reservation as of a specific timeframe (# of days within the start date of a reservation)
- Tags: Select relevant tags
- Prompts: Choose prompts from the dropdown
- Waivers: Add any necessary waivers
- Note: If applicable, create a waiver for max stays.
- Attachments: Select attachments
- Assign Admin: You can add Admins who should receive an email notification when a customer reserves the campsite
- Notes to Appear on Receipt: Add any special notes you want to appear on the receipts
- GL Codes
- Assign GL Codes: If desired, assign one or more revenue (general ledger) codes to the rental fee
- Add Add-On/Discount: Select any addons or discounts you want to apply
- Click Save Facility
- Once you have saved the facility, navigate to the Rate Types tab and click Add Rate
Note: This tab gives you the ability to determine when the facility is available for rental and how much you’re charging. If a Rate Type is not created, the facility will not appear on the Catalog.
- Fill out the Rate Settings fields
Label: This will appear on the Catalog and will help determine the different options available for rental
Base Fee: Determines the amount to be charged and how it will be charged. For a Campground setup, use the Day type. When the Day type is used, the Facility will present a different Catalog View, allowing customers to choose a Check-In and Check-Out Date.
Open Hours: The From and To times will now become Check-In Time and Check-Out Time, respectively, due to the Day Type being selected
- Click Save New Rate
- If your organization charges a fee to cancel or adjust a reservation on the Public Page, navigate to the Cancellation Fees tab and Create a Public Cancellation Fee
- Repeat this process for each campsite in the campground
Step 3: Create a Facility Map for the Campground
Follow these instructions to Create a Facility map for your campground.
Facility Maps give a bird’s eye view of a campground, which allows users to choose a site suited to their preference. If the Campground is large, it may be best to create a map for different sections of your campground for visibility.
Note: The Facility Map does not have the ability to zoom in or out on a specific area.
- Ensure the appropriate Location is selected in the top right corner
- Navigate to the Catalog
- Search for and select the desired Account
- Select the Catalog tab that contains your campsite
- Open your campground location and view the campsite
- Note: You may choose to view the facility in Grid, List, or Map view, depending on your facility setup.
- Select the campsite and date of the reservation
- On the pop-up, select the check-in and check-out date and then click Apply
- Select Add to Cart
- The reservation will be added to the cart where the user will be able to complete the transaction
- Note: Facilities are held for 15 minutes during the checkout process. If the reservation takes more than 15 minutes to complete, the facility will be released and the transaction cannot be completed. Ensure that the reservation process is straightforward and easy for the Public User to complete on the Public Page.
- To check-in a user at a Campground, make sure you have the Campground location selected in the top right corner
- Navigate to Facilities > Check In
- The current date will populate in the Date field
- All reservations Due In on the current date will be shown
- Select Check-In under the Action column when the customer arrives
- The On Property tab will display who is currently on the facility property and gives you the ability to Check Out when the customer departs
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.