This article will show you how to run a General Ledger (GL) Detail report to view the activity detail for Accounts Receivable (A/R) for a specified time frame.
Review the Reports Overview article to learn to use filters and fields, save a custom report, and set up a scheduled report email.
- The balance of the detail report should match your summary report if using the same date ranges.
- Navigate to Reports
- Select GL/Revenue Reports > General Ledger Detail or General Ledger Detail (With Report Pickup)
- Note: The Report Pickup option is recommended for larger data sets that take more time to process.
- Select the From and To dates
- Click Filters > GL Filters and select the Accounts Receivable (A/R) account
- Click Apply
- View the report
Receipt #: Select the number to view the transaction receipt in a new window
Date/Time: The date and time of the transaction
User: The user who completed the transaction, selects their name to view their account profile
- GL Debit: Shows the total amount debited from the A/R account
- GL Credit: Displays the total amount credited from the A/R account
- GL Net: The total change (debits-credits) for the date range chosen
- Note: This total should match the total on the summary report.
- Note: The Debit, Credit, and Net columns will always show four decimal places.
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.