This article will show you how to run a General Ledger (GL) Summary report to view the activity for Accounts Receivable (A/R) for a specified time frame.
Review the Reports Overview article to learn to use filters and fields, save a custom report, and set up a scheduled report email.
- Navigate to Reports
- Select GL/Revenue Reports > General Ledger Summary or Long-Term GL Summary
- Select the From and To dates
- Note: If you want to know a total for your A/R account to balance with your formal accounting system, you should make your start date match the date you first began using CivicRec.
- Click Filters > GL Filters and select the A/R account
- Click Apply
- View the report
- GL Type: The type of payment account
- GL Code/Desc: Displays the code and description for the A/R item
- GL Debit: Shows the dollars being charged into A/R
- GL Credit: Shows the dollar amount being paid out of A/R
- GL Net: The total change (debits-credits) for the date range chosen
- Note: The Debit, Credit, and Net columns will always show four decimal places.
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.