This article will show you how to use the General Ledger (GL) Detail report to view deferred revenue transactions for a specified time period. You can also use a future date range to show what is yet to be accrued.
Review the Reports Overview article to learn to use filters and fields, save a custom report, and set up a scheduled report email.
- Navigate to Reports
- Select GL/Revenue Reports > General Ledger Detail or General Ledger Detail (With Report Pickup)
- Note: The Report Pickup option is recommended for larger data sets that take more time to process.
- Select the From and To dates
- Click Filters > GL Filters and select all Deferred Revenue accounts
- Click Apply
- View the report
Receipt #: Select the number to view the transaction receipt
Date/Time: The date and time of the transaction
User: The user who completed the transaction, select their name to view their account profile
- GL Debit: Shows the total amount debited from the Deferred Revenue account or in other words, the total amount moved from Deferred Revenue to be recognized in a specific Revenue account
- GL Credit: Displays the total amount credited from the Deferred Revenue account or in other words, the total amount placed into Deferred Revenue as a result of a patron paying for an activity or rental that occurs in the future
- GL Net: Shows the difference between Debit-Credit or the total change to the balance of Deferred Revenue for the time period
- Note: The Debit, Credit, and Net columns will always show four decimal places.
Transaction Date vs Date of Recognition
A transaction that is a debit will show the transaction date in the columns rather than the date of recognition. For example, this report was run to show the deferred revenue activity for 12/1/2020 and you see transaction dates of several other dates. Since the “recognition” is a system-generated function, and the GL entries were created with the original transaction, it shows the original transaction receipt # and date.
- You can adjust the report to show the recognition date/period by navigating to Fields > General Ledger Fields and selecting GL Conversion Date or Deferred GL Period
- The report will now show the Conversion Date and/or GL Period