This article will show you how to run a General Ledger (GL) Summary report to determine the amount moving into/out of deferred revenue for a given time period.
Review the Reports Overview article to learn to use filters and fields, save a custom report, and set up a scheduled report email.
- Navigate to Reports
- Select GL/Revenue Reports > General Ledger Summary or Long-Term GL Summary
- Note: The difference between the two reports is that the Long-Term GL Summary has fewer options but runs much faster, the resulting information is the same. GL Summary is best for reports that require a lot of filtering, Long-Term GL Summary is best for reporting for long time periods.
- Select the From and To dates
- Click Filters > GL Filters and select all Deferred Revenue accounts
- Click Apply
- View the report
- GL Type: The type of payment account
- GL Code/Desc: Displays the code and description for the GL item
GL Debit: Shows the total amount debited from the Deferred Revenue account or in other words, the total amount moved from Deferred Revenue to be recognized in a specific Revenue account
GL Credit: Displays the total amount credited from the Deferred Revenue account or in other words, the total amount placed into Deferred Revenue as a result of a patron paying for an activity or rental that occurs in the future
GL Net: Shows the difference of Debit-Credit or the total change to the balance of Deferred Revenue for the time period
- Note: The Debit, Credit, and Net columns will always show four decimal places.