To sell gift cards through CivicRec, follow the steps below to create a Gift Card POS item. The Gift Card option generates a unique gift card code.
- Navigate to POS Items
- Click Create POS Item
- Fill out the following fields, making sure to select the Gift Card option
- Note: For more information on POS Item creation, view the Create a POS Item article.
- Name: The name of your gift card item which will be displayed in the catalog
- Group: Select the category (or create a new group by selecting the + symbol) that you would like to see this item categorized under
- Screens: Select one or more screens under which your groups will be displayed; see Create a POS Screen
- Price: Set the price of the gift card item
- Gift Card: Check to generate a unique gift code to claim as user credit
- Navigate to the GL Codes tab and select Assign GL Code
- Select a Liability Gift Card GL Code
- Click Save New POS Item