This article will show you how to create a Payment Type.
CivicRec comes pre-configured with the basic payment types of Cash, Check, Credit/Debit, and User Credit. Organizations that accept other payment types like scholarships or vouchers will need to enter those here.
- Navigate to Configuration > Financial Settings > Payment Types
- Select Create Payment Type
- Fill in fields
- Description: Brief description of Payment Type
- GL Code: Select a GL (General Ledger) code
- User Credit?: Indicates Yes/No; contact Support to turn on/off
- Is Gift Card?: Indicates Yes/No; contact Support to turn on/off
- Surcharge ($): Dollar amount for surcharges
- Surcharge (%): Percent amount for surcharges
- Min. Surcharge: Enter a minimum dollar amount for surcharges
- Applies Over: Surcharge is applied if the charge to payment type is at least this amount
- Surcharge GL Code: Select the GL code for surcharges
- Surcharge In-House: Applies an in-house surcharge
- Surcharge Online: Applies an online surcharge
- Hide In-House: Disables offline/in-house processing of credit/debit payment types
- Hide From List: Hide this payment type from the list of options on the payment screen
- Valid Refund Type: Select to enable a Valid Refund Type
- Cash Receipt Type: Select to enable a Cash Receipt Type
- Use Quick Pay: Select to use QuickPay
- Note: Does not apply to cash or credit/debit which are always used in QuickPay.
- Credit Card Types: Choose from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover
- Is Scholarship: Designate this payment to be assigned to scholarships. Once set, this cannot be undone.
- Click Save New Payment Type