There are three items to troubleshoot:
- Receipt printer's drivers, settings, and connection to the computer
- QZ Tray
- Settings in CivicRec
Task 1: Receipt Printer
- Check the physical connection to the PC
- Note: If the printer physically connects to another computer, then this would be a network printer. The IT Department should troubleshoot in this case.
- Printer Drivers download from the Printer manufacturer's website
- Review printer settings
Once you check or are able to complete a test print, move on to Option 2.
Task 2: QZ Tray
3 common issues:
- QZ Tray is not set to automatically start.
- QZ Tray is not installed.
- Issues with the installation of QZ Tray.
Note: You can remove and install the QZ to resolve issues with the installation. If there is a consistent issue that this cannot solve, then that is an issue that the client's IT Department must resolve.
Task 3: Settings in CivicRec
- Navigate to Configuration > Peripherals > Receipt Printer
- Select Local Settings for a physical connection; select Global Settings for a network printer
- Edit settings
- Click Save Settings
If You are Experiencing This
|Printer connects via USB and shows online/active in Windows Printers/Devices screen, but CivicRec does not respond when you click "Test Printer Connection"||
|Printer does not show online/active status in Windows Printers/Devices screen||
|Printer is SERIAL or uses a USB/SERIAL adapter||
|A print action from CivicRec shows in a print queue but does not actually print.||
|CivicRec says "Printer found: Null" or "Printer not found"||
|IE11: Could not connect to printer tray application||
Note: Only CivicRec staff can update your Global Settings, please contact us to get this done.