The Merchant Log reflects activity between CivicRec and your payment gateway and is not meant to be a direct representation of transaction totals. It may show multiple entries for one transaction (ex: declines) or multi-stage card processing (ex: pre-authorizations), followed by submittal for settlement.
If you filter out declines, the declined charges will not tally into viewable totals. If you do not filter out declines, they would tally into viewable totals.
Typically the Merchant Log is a tool to investigate why a charge was declined or investigate payment processing discrepancies.
- Navigate to Reports
- Select Transaction Reports
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and select Merchant Log
- Apply filters to the report
- From and To: Create a timeframe/time range
- Filters: Select Approved or Declined
- Fields: Choose with Merchant Log Fields and/or Transaction Fields to include
- Click Refresh to update the report
- View report