This article will provide you with EMV Card Reader information if your merchant is not CP Pay.
Our customers should purchase whichever EMV reader they want, or one that is recommended by their merchant. Most EMV readers are non-integrated, which means they are not going to be able to communicate with CivicRec.
The EMV device will just act like the older phone-based terminals where the staffer will swipe/insert into that device outside of the CivicRec process. CivicRec will set the customer's account to allow Offline Credit/Debit.
- If CivicRec is your merchant, there is not a current solution, since we only support integrated payments.
- QuickPay and EMV is currently only supported with Converge
Note: This process is for non-CP Pay Merchants.
- When the staffer gets to the payment screen in CivicRec, there will be no credit card form fields (and the older attached readers won't work).
- At the payment screen, the staffer will need to go to the EMV reader and perform the full CC transaction there, from the keyed amount, to insert card, to approved/rejected message.
- If the credit card is approved, the staffer will return to CivicRec and indicate that the customer paid with a credit card (Offline Credit/Debit payment type) and complete their transaction.