Staff members will sometimes need to issue a refund or user credit to a person's account. The following outlines the basic steps to issue a Transaction Refund/Credit (Whole or Partial).
- Refunds cannot be issued until the next business day for refunds on transactions where the original transaction had the credit card processed online.
- Credit card transactions do not "settle" until midnight on the day of the transaction, so they cannot charge until the next day.
- The only option on the same day of a credit card transaction is to VOID the transaction entirely. This will prevent the charge from hitting the person's credit card.
- Search and select a user
- Select the Voids, Refunds, & Transfers tab
- Navigate to the Activities tab
- Click on the checkboxes for items you wish to refund
- Click the Refund Selected Items button
- Fill in Refund fields
- Payment Type: Method for issuing the refund
- Balance Reduction: Indicate any amounts and adjustments
- Refund Amount: Indicate the refund payment type
- Admin Fee: Apply an administration or cancellation fee, if applicable
- Refund Reason/Note: Add a comment to indicate the reason for the Refund/Credit (optional)
- Note: As mentioned above, issuing a refund back to a credit card is not possible on the SAME day as the original transaction. Additionally, it is important to note that most merchants will only allow for credit card refunds prior to 120 days.
- Note: If you want to remove the person from the activity while issuing the credit, ensure that the checkbox that says "Remove from Activity" is selected. If you leave that box unchecked, the refund/credit will be issued, but the person will be left on the roster. (Facility rentals can be left intact in this same way)
- Select Continue
- Check the Confirmation page and hit Submit