CivicRec has a process to capture participant waiver/release acknowledgment. For public online registrations, the waiver acknowledgment process is clear. The user authenticates and agrees to the waivers during checkout. They cannot complete a registration otherwise.
For in-person registrations, the process is a little more confusing. CivicRec has traditionally shown staff the waivers but has left it up to staff to either skip those waivers or agree to them on behalf of the participant. We, and many of you, have reservations about this process.
To address this issue, we introduce the concept of online waiver agreement, even for in-person registrations. It is important to note that this process can be disabled if desired. We recommend you enable this feature.
Additional capabilities will develop and descriptions of these capabilities are at the bottom of this article.
- Preliminary registration steps will vary for different facilities/activities.
- If you set your Waiver to Annually, that means the user has to re-sign the waiver on the year-to-date of when it was originally signed.
- Navigate to Catalog
- Select the item you wish to register users under
- Select a date and time
- Select Add To Cart
- Select Checkout
- Navigate to Waivers tab
- Staff sees a note that tells them the waiver will email to the user
- User receives an email, separate from their receipt
- User will select Click here, taken to a waiver agreement form
- Note: The user must successfully confirm their name and email address before the waiver is considered to be acknowledged (The E-Waiver expires after 14 days).
To improve this process further, we will also implement a touch-screen signature capture that staff can use during checkout. Workflow options and devices are still under review, but they will likely involve staff going to the waiver screen, where the waivers will appear on a separate screen that faces the participant/guardian. The participant/guardian can then sign the screen with a finger or stylus. An additional update will send once implementation for this capability is available.