This article will show you how to set up and edit an account in CivicRec.
Create an Account
- Make sure you are entering a valid email address that the user will have access to when creating the account.
- The Primary Account Holder should always be an adult, so create a "Parent" first before you create a child account. Learn more about Primary Account Holders vs Account Members.
- Click Setup New Account on your homepage
- Fill in the information fields
- Note: Fields will vary based on your site, including required fields.
- Account Type: Choose Individual, or set up an Organization account
- Name (Required): Provide first, middle, and last name
- Date of Birth (Required), Age Group: Enter a birth date or select age group
Gender: Specify the gender of the user
- Note: If you have enabled the Inclusive Gender Options setting, Non-Binary and Prefer Not To Say will show as options.
- Address Line 1 (Required): Add the address of the new user
- Address Line 2: Enter additional address information
- Zip/Postal Code, City/Municipality, State/Providence (Required): Enter the zip code, city, and state for the user
- Country (Required): Select the correct country for the user
- County/Parish: Enter the residential county or parish
Residency Override: Select an option to indicate the user as a resident or non-resident
- Note: Learn how to set residency to require staff approval.
- Phone 1-3: Enter phone number, type of phone, and if the phone number can receive text messages or not.
- Email Preferences: Click Add Email to enter an email address and set email preferences
- Apply Contact Changes To Other Household Members: Any changes you make to contact information for this account holder will apply to all members of the account
Emergency Contacts: Add emergency contacts for the user
- Note: If the Emergency Contacts Required organization option is enabled, you will be required to add the specified number of emergency contacts before saving the user.
Primary Email (Required): Enter the primary email address of the user
- Note: Make sure this is a valid email address that the user will have access to, this will be the username they will use to sign in to their account.
Generate Password: Select to create a default password for the user
- Note: This option will only display for organizations that are not using CivicPlus Single Sign-On (SSO).
Password/Confirm Password: Create and confirm a password
- Note: This option will appear only for organizations that are not using CivicPlus SSO and if you do not select Generate Password.
Note: Passwords must be at least 8 characters long and contain characters from at least 3 of the following categories:
- Lowercase letters
- Uppercase letters
- Special characters
- User Type: Indicate if they are a Public User or Internal User/Staff Member
- Limited Public User: Limited Public Users come with limited functionality and will not be able to log in to their account until an email address is provided.
- Deactivated User: Check to deactivate the user
User Access: Select access groups
- Note: This option is not available for Public Users.
- Primary Email (Required): Enter the primary email address of the user
- Navigate to Other Account Members to add new associated account members
- Click Add Account Member
- Enter their information
- First/Last: Add the first and last name of the user
Gender: Select a gender for the user (M = Male, F = Female, NB = Non-Binary, and PNTS = Prefer Not To Say)
- Note: You must enable the Inclusive Gender Options setting for Non-Binary and Prefer Not To Say to show as options.
- Birthday/Grade: Indicate their birthday and/or grade
- Repeat steps 4-5 to add all of the desired account members
- Navigate to the Organization tab
- If applicable, click Add Item
- Search and select an organization to associate with the account
- Note: Learn how to Create an Organizational Account.
- Click Save New User
Edit an Account
- Search Accounts for the account you want to edit
- Select the Account you are going to edit
- Select the Edit Pencil on the Account
- Edit Account File as needed
Note: When you edit an account for a staff member who also has a CivicPlus Account they will receive a validation email. There will be a call to action to validate and approve any changes made to the following fields: name, birthdate, phone number, or primary email.
- Select Save User