Prompts in CivicRec are used to gather customer information from users, specific to program registrations or facility rentals. This data can be shown on receipts and can be in various reports.
- Prompts are grouped based on the Follows User field. They will display in Checkout in the following order:
- Prompts set up as Once per cart
- Prompts set up as Once per user
- Prompts set up as Once per line item
- Prompts are sorted based on Configuration settings for prompts
- Navigate to Configuration > Checkout Settings > Prompts
- Select Create Prompt
- Fill in Prompt Settings
- Note: Available fields will vary depending on the selected prompt type.
- Name: Add a title for the prompt
- Type (required): Select a type; view Prompt Response Types for more information
- Category (required): Choose a category for your prompt
- Text: Add a question or description for the prompt
- Required: Select to require the prompt upon checkout
- Viewable by Instructors: Select to make the prompt viewable by instructors
- Print on Receipt: Determines whether this prompt will print on the receipt
- Once per user: Only require one answer per user. The answer will follow the user for each registration/transaction. This does also allow the user to change their response if needed.
- Once per cart: Will show only once no matter how many items with the prompt are in the cart
- Once per line item: Will put the prompt on every item
- Navigate to the Facilities tab to add Facilities/Locations to the prompt
- Navigate to the Sessions tab to add Sessions/Activities to the prompt
- Select Save New Prompt