This article will show you how to use the offline EMV with Converge in your CivicRec site.
Note: The below instructions should are only applicable if you plan to use a credit card machine working offline via a phone jack. If you use a credit card machine that plugs into your computer via USB, then these instructions will not be applicable.
Note: If you use the iSC250, follow instructions for that hardware.
- Process a transaction internally, but stop at the Payment screen
- At checkout, click EMV (Offline CC)
- Chip reader will activate; customer should follow prompts
- Confirm the amount: Confirm correct amount
- Insert card: Insert your card
- Enter PIN (if applicable): Enter PIN number
- Remove the card: Take your card out
- Sign (if applicable): Add your signature
- Transaction should automatically complete; no further action from staff
- Note: For split payment (less than the total owed amount), the payment will add to list, but the transaction will not complete until they fill out all payments.
- Note: If staff cancels or leaves the page while PIN pad is in use, transaction discrepancies may occur between CivicRec and Converge. CivicRec will void these discrepancies automatically, within two hours.
- Transaction will successfully process once the system receives the signature (if necessary)