Payment Types in CivicRec categorize forms of payment for every transaction, such as scholarships, cash, check, department credit, etc. Some payment types may not be viewable on your CivicRec public website, so you can only access them internally. See our article Types of Payment Accounts.
This article will show you how to edit an existing Payment Type.
- Navigate to Configurations > Financial Settings > Payment Types
- Click the Edit tool (pencil icon) next to the Payment Type you want to modify
- Make edits
- Description: Brief description of Payment Type
- GL Code: Select a GL (General Ledger) code
- User Credit?: Indicates Yes/No; contact Support to turn on/off
- Is Gift Card?: Indicates Yes/No; contact Support to turn on/off
- Surcharge ($): Dollar amount for surcharges
- Surcharge (%): Percent amount for surcharges
- Min. Surcharge: Enter a minimum dollar amount for surcharges
- Surcharge GL Code: Select the GL code for surcharges
- Surcharge In-House: Applies an in-house surcharge
- Surcharge Online: Applies an online surcharge
- Hide In-House: Disables offline/in-house processing of credit/debit payment types
- Hide From List: Hide this payment type from the list of options on the payment screen
- Valid Refund Type: Select to enable a Valid Refund Type
- Cash Receipt Type: Select to enable a Cash Receipt Type
- Use Quick Pay: Select to use QuickPay
- Note: Does not apply to cash or credit/debit.
- Credit Card Types: Choose from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover
- Select Save Payment Type