In addition to the ability to send your customer email messages through CivicRec, you can now communicate via SMS Alerts/Text messaging.
- Due to the system, the SMS Character Limit is 160.
- Recipients can reply to SMS messages, but they will receive no response.
- Ensure that you configure your user's phone information.
- To opt-in to text messaging services, you must navigate to Account Contact Preferences in your account profile and opt-in to Courtesy Notices, Critical Announcements, and/or Upcoming Events.
- Navigate to Communicate > SMS Alerts
- Fill in fields
- Selected Activities: Use the drop-down filters to narrow your list to the specific group of individuals for whom you wish to send your message
- Recipients: Further specify among Participants, Coaches, Team Managers, and/or Waiting Lists
- Subject: Enter the SMS heading
Text Message: Enter the content of the SMS Alert (messages are limited to 160 characters)
- Select Send Message
- Recently sent SMS Alerts message will display under Recent Alerts on the right-hand side