The Pending Rentals module is a dedicated view for rentals pending admin approval. This article will show you how to view and approve/deny pending reservations.
- Administrators making reservations (public or internal) do not need to be declined or approved under the pending rentals section of the facilities module.
- The balance is put on the account at the end of the reservation, but no permit is generated until after the reservation is approved for public users or non-admin staff.
- Once the rental is approved the balance stays, the permit is generated, the calendar is reserved, and the customer can pay the balance due.
- Once the rental is declined - the balance is removed, the transaction is removed, and the calendar is cleared.
- If a request is part of a recurring reservation, when one reservation is declined then all reservations will be declined. Once the reservation is adjusted, add a note in the notes section that it has been declined. You will then need to delete the declined reservations from the calendar
- Navigate to Facilities > Pending Rentals
- If needed, create a Date Range to filter for Pending Reservations
- Select the Approve/Decline (checkmark) button next to the desired reservation
- Review and make any adjustments to the Reservation Info
- Email Permit to User: Check to send the permit via email to the user
- Email Receipt to User: Send the receipt for the reservation to the user
- Note: Email permits and receipts are limited in size to a 7MB email.
- Invoice User: Check to send an invoice for the balance due
- Note: If a facility is configured to require approval, when it's rented online it will have a balance due upon approval.
- Event Title: Add a title for the event, if known
- Status: If needed, select N/A, Confirmed, On Hold, Pending, Reserved, or Tentative
- Note: Learn how to Create Reservation Status Types.
- Add Notes to Permit: Enter any notes for internal staff or the user
- Select Approve Reservation or Decline Reservation
- Note: If Approved, the reservation will now display on the Facilities Calendar and the user can pay their balance.
- Note: If Declined, the user will receive an email notification similar to the following:
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
what if after the permit is approved they never pay? that has become an issue of late. Please advise next steps regarding a balance due.
Please sign in to leave a comment.