The Pending Rentals module is a dedicated view for rentals pending admin approval. This article will show you how to view and approve/deny pending reservations.
- Administrators making reservations (public or internal) do not need to be declined or approved under the pending rentals section of the facilities module.
- The balance is put on the account at the end of the reservation, but no permit is generated until after the reservation is approved for public users or non-admin staff.
- Once the rental is approved the balance stays, the permit is generated, the calendar is reserved, and the customer can pay the balance due.
- Once the rental is declined - the balance is removed, the transaction is removed, and the calendar is cleared.
- If a request is part of a recurring reservation, when one reservation is declined then all reservations will be declined. Once the reservation is adjusted, add a note in the notes section that it has been declined. You will then need to delete the declined reservations from the calendar
- Navigate to Facilities > Pending Rentals
- If needed, create a Date Range to filter for Pending Reservations
- Select the Approve/Decline (checkmark) button next to the desired reservation
- Review and make any adjustments to the Reservation Info
- Email Permit to User: Check to send the permit via email to the user
- Email Receipt to User: Send the receipt for the reservation to the user
- Note: Email permits and receipts are limited in size to a 7MB email.
- Invoice User: Check to send an invoice for the balance due
- Event Title: Add a title for the event, if known
- Status: If needed, select N/A, Confirmed, On Hold, Pending, Reserved, or Tentative
- Note: Learn how to Create Reservation Status Types.
- Add Notes to Permit: Enter any notes for internal staff or the user
- Select Approve Reservation or Decline Reservation
- Note: If Approved, the reservation will now display on the Facilities Calendar and the user can pay their balance.
- Note: If Declined, the user will receive an email notification similar to the following: