This article will outline how to contact CivicPlus Support and what you should include in your request or question so that they can have the most information to help you resolve your request or question.
Proper Request Submissions
Support requests can be submitted via the Submit a Request Form. You will first need to sign in to your Help Center account in order to submit a request. Please provide the following information (as applicable) to expedite your requests or questions.
- Description of issue
- Note: Details of the issue will make it easier for Support to understand what is going on.
- Expectations of how the feature should work
- Is this something you can recreate (not a system glitch like a blank receipt)
- What steps were taken to get to the issue
- Note: Knowing the steps for how the issue was found helps Support recreate the problem.
- Select the appropriate business impact
- Attach screenshots, PDFs, Zoom screen recordings, scans, etc.
- Note: Adding visual attachments allows Support to include in potential escalations as well as gain visibility.
- Include any troubleshooting steps you have taken so Support knows what was already tried
- Examples: Cleared cache, updated Chrome, made sure Hide from Online View was not checked, etc.
- When copying people on the request, be sure their email address is not outlined in red
Detailed tickets reduce the amount of time spent testing or gathering information which can lead to delays in resolution time.
"Description of Issue: When sending pay links to customers, customers are not able to open the link as the system displays "ERROR 524." See permit #2286. Staff have followed all necessary steps as previously instructed by CivicRec Support. This issue has been reported by multiple customers.
Customer Expectations: For pay links to work
Image and Video Evidence: See the image below
Able to Recreate (Yes or No): Yes
1. Send pay link to customer
2. Open the email and select the pay link
Any Additional Examples: None
Additional Helpful Information: Customer just launched!"
Note: The detail provided in this ticket allowed the submission to be sent to the escalation team right away.
Insufficient Request Submissions
Support requests that lack detailed information can result in:
- Delayed resolution process
- Additional information needed for testing and troubleshooting
- The proper issue may not be investigated properly
"Hello, I have attempted to create two memberships but they do not appear after saving. One of the memberships is for soccer and the other was for youth sports."
The amount of missing information in the above ticket resulted in the following reply from Support:
"I have a few questions about the issues you are experiencing.
1. When you say they aren't saving, are you making sessions, pre-saving them, and then nothing saves to the membership? Or is nothing saving overall?
2. The Youth Sports Membership is set as a league, are you trying to filter your activity list by the Membership type and that is what is not appearing?
3. May I ask what the name of the soccer membership is? I tried searching by Soccer and did not find anything.
4. When you are saving, are you receiving an error? If so, please let me know!
5. What browser are you using, is it up to date, and have you tried clearing your cache for the "All Time" timeframe?
Please let me know so I can properly troubleshoot. Thank you!"
After Support replied, it was 4 days before the customer had time to respond and provide additional information, therefore delaying the resolution process.
Additional Insufficient Request Submissions
- "Someone call me"
- "My CivicRec is not working."
- "[Insert Feature] Is not working"
- "My Report does not match"