This article will show you how to configure and install a Gatekicker device.
- Successful check-ins to the configured membership packages will attempt to trigger the Gatekicker that is connected to the computer performing check-ins.
- Order a Gatekicker device from the manufacturer
- Install CivicRec tray application, contact us for the installer
- Plug in the Gatekicker device to the computer that you will use for check-ins
- Ensure that the CivicRec tray application is running
- Navigate to your CivicRec website
- Navigate to Configuration > Organization > Organization Options
- Scroll down and change Gatekicker settings
- Gatekicker Enabled for Checkins: Select Yes
- Gatekicker COM Port: Enter in whichever serial port the Gatekicker is on
- Note: Port is usually COM4.
- Gatekicker Time (in seconds): How long it will unlock the door for
- Note: Recommended value is ten (10) seconds.
- Select Send to Gatekicker Device
- Navigate to Activities > Activity List
- Find the Activity
- Edit the Membership Session
- Select the Advanced tab in Membership Editor
- Under Membership Settings, you would enable Trigger Gatekicker (not in screenshot)
- Save Session changes
- You will now be able to see Gatekicker-related options in the Check-In drop-down menu