This article will show you how to activate General Ledger Configuration Settings.
- We do not recommend changing your GL settings without first contacting your Client Success Manager or Support. Misconfiguring these settings can have serious repercussions on your reporting.
- Navigate to Configuration > Organization > Organization Options
- Scroll down to or search for General Ledger Accounting and ensure it says Enabled
- Set General Ledger Accounting Method to Cash Only
- Note: If your department uses Accrual Accounting, reach out to our Support Staff and we can give you additional tips to configure your account for Accrual accounting.
- Set other (optional) GL configuration settings
- Note: By indicating these settings as Required, your staff should not be able to save any items in the system without first indicating a GL for them. This will save many Unitemized entries later!
- Partial Activity Revenue Deferral: Allows organizations that do cash accounting and deferred revenue to use both
- GL Required for Activities: Recommend setting the GL code as Optional
- GL Required for Sessions: Require a GL code for sessions
- GL Required for Locations: Recommend setting the GL code as Optional
- GL Required for Facilities: Require a GL code for facilities
- GL Required for POS Items: Require a GL code for POS items
- GL Required for Addons: Require a GL code for addons
- GL Required for Discounts: Require a GL code for discounts
- Scroll to the bottom; select Save Settings
- Assign GL Codes to Sessions, Facilities, and POS Items