This article goes over how to set up QZ tray Tray to start running for all users on a complex IT network.
Create qztray User
Create a local username qztray and password. A user cannot change the password and it never expires.
- User: qztray
- Desc: QZ Tray Service User
Log on as a batch Job
Configure the user with Log on as a Batch job rights via the Local Security Policy
- Launch an elevated command prompt.
- Type the command secpol.msc and press enter.
- Now the Local Policy window will be open, in that window navigate to the node User Rights Assignment (Security Settings > Local Polices > User Rights Assignment).
- In the right side pane, search and double-click the policy Log on as a batch job.
- Click the button Add User or Group, select the user account you want to set log on as a batch job rights, and click OK > Apply button to finish
- Launch Task Scheduler as a privileged user. Import QZ Tray Scheduled task from \\cityofmesquite.com\files\Programs\Rec Center Front Desk Software & Drivers\QZ
- Configure to run as qztray user.Note: Make sure to select the local pc qztray user. Make sure to select Run whether user is logged on or not
Log in as QZ tray
- Log in to the computer as qztray to create the users profile.
- Launch QZ Tray from %PROGRAMFILES?\qz tray\qz-tray.exe to create qz folder under %APPDATA%
- Copy allowed.dat and blocked.dat to qz folder under %APPDATA%\Roaming\qz
- Reboot and test QZ Tray as any normal user. There is a three-minute delay on the boot-up task to allow the PC time to fully boot.